GARNER, N.C. (WNCN) – A Raleigh man who was hit and killed on I-40 Wednesday night was on top of a car traveling down the interstate before he fell off, the Highway Patrol said.
Derron Torri Stephens, 49, was riding on top of a Chevy Impala that was traveling in the westbound lanes of Interstate 40 close to U.S. Route 70 west in southern Wake County near Johnston County.
Highway Patrol said Stephens fell off that Impala and was hit and killed.
No charges have been filed as the Highway Patrol has been unable to locate the Impala.
The incident closed down I-40 for a short time late Wednesday but lanes began to open before midnight.
Anyone with information on the incident is asked to contact Highway Patrol.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Ohio lawmakers seek to make insurance companies pay for stage IV cancer
- Woman warns pet owners after nail found in Hartz dog treats sold at Target
- NC senator calls on governor to sue NYC over homeless relocation
- Nike’s new swimwear line includes swim hijab, full-coverage swimsuit
- Warrant: Georgia special needs teacher made child sit in soiled pants as ‘a lesson’
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now