GARNER, N.C. (WNCN) – A Raleigh man who was hit and killed on I-40 Wednesday night was on top of a car traveling down the interstate before he fell off, the Highway Patrol said.
Derron Torri Stephens, 49, was riding on top of a Chevy Impala that was traveling in the westbound lanes of Interstate 40 close to U.S. Route 70 west in southern Wake County near Johnston County.
Highway Patrol said Stephens fell off that Impala and was hit and killed.
No charges have been filed as the Highway Patrol has been unable to locate the Impala.
The incident closed down I-40 for a short time late Wednesday but lanes began to open before midnight.
Anyone with information on the incident is asked to contact Highway Patrol.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Wake County Schools moves forward with re-opening plan
- Kansas GOP congressman charged with 3 felonies, including voter fraud
- Woman in Wendy’s is killed when drunk driver plows into restaurant, police say
- White House touts infrastructure agenda ahead of Trump’s trip to Georgia
- Ford unveils new Bronco, says website overwhelmed by ‘stampede of reservations’
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now