RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – A 75-year-old Raleigh man won nearly $650,000 off a $1 North Carolina Lottery Cash 5 ticket on Sunday.
William Jaworovich said he had trouble believing he won after buying the Quick Pick ticket at the Food Lion on Falls River Avenue.
“I kept checking the ticket just to make sure I was really seeing what I was seeing,” said Jaworovich.
After federal and state withholdings, Jaworovich pocketed $458,287 – which he plans to use to pay off his mortgage and take care of bills.
“I don’t need a fancy car or anything like that,” said Jaworovich. “This will just make life easier. It’ll be nice to spend more time doing the things I like to do. I’m probably going to go golfing right after this!”
Cash 5 is a statewide draw game that gives players the chance to win a jackpot every single night. Tickets cost $1 and players can buy tickets at most lottery retailers and through Online Play on the lottery’s website. The jackpot for Tuesday’s Cash 5 drawing is $110,000.
Latest headlines from CBS17.com:
- What community spread means among other common coronavirus-related terms
- Many worry rhetoric surrounding Reopen NC protests have gotten out of hand
- Nearly 15,000 in North Carolina have recovered from COVID-19
- Biden makes 1st in-person appearance in more than 2 months
- Lee County to offer COVID-19 tests on Wednesday, Thursday
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now