RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Raleigh City Council has filled its District D seat vacated by Saige Martin.
The council chose Stormie Forte to fill the vacated seat. According to Mayor Mary-Ann Baldwin, Forte will be Raleigh’s first Black councilwoman.
District D encompasses areas of south Raleigh near N.C. State University and parts of Wade Avenue, Western Boulevard and Avent Ferry Road.
- Sparta continues to feel tremors after 5.1 magnitude earthquake felt across North Carolina
- Tractor-trailer crashes into 3 firetrucks at scene of fire on I-85 in NC
- CBS 17 Job Alert – Tesla and Service Experts are hiring
- Robeson County Sheriff’s Office needs help identifying suspects in unsolved homicides
- Americans still going to Mexico for sex amid pandemic, sex workers say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now