RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Raleigh Parks announced Wednesday that they are cancelling this year’s Holiday Express Christmas event at Pullen Park.
Holiday Express is one of the city’s most popular holiday events. In the past, tickets have sold at a rate of nearly 1,000 per minute. Tickets sell out in under 30 minutes and sometimes in as little as five minutes when they go on sale every summer.
Raleigh Parks said in their announcement that, “Our top priorities are the health and safety of our community. While we are very disappointed, we feel that this is in the best interest of our visitors and staff.”
The release went on to say that they’re “hard at work planning other ways to bring you cheer this holiday season!”
Raleigh Parks had already postponed ticket sales earlier in the summer.
The holiday event normally runs from early-to-mid December.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- No. 11 Miami holds off Virginia 19-14, moves to 5-1
- Durham event makes room for more outdoor dining at downtown businesses
- Top Pence aide tests positive for coronavirus, vice president to go forward with Kinston trip, officials say
- NC officials shut down church as ‘imminent hazard’ citing link to 3 deaths among 121 COVID-19 cases
- Charlotte police dodge gunfire while trying to stop driver at break-in call
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now