RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A bystander in a Raleigh apartment was hit by crossfire Tuesday night as two groups were in a shootout. The suspects later shot a car as they continued to exchange gunfire from two separate vehicles along city streets, police said.
The incident began around 7:10 p.m. at apartments at 6808 Whispering Falls Run, which is near Lynn and Creedmoor roads, according to Raleigh police.
There was a disturbance and at least two suspects began shooting at each other, police said. A man inside his apartment was caught in the crossfire outside. He suffered non-life-threatening injuries and was taken to a nearby hospital.
The two groups who were shooting at each other then took off in two separate vehicles, continuing a rolling gun battle north along Creedmoor Road, police said.
A car with bystanders inside was shot at the intersection of Creedmoor and Strickland roads. No one in the car was injured, according to police.
The suspects then took off in the vehicles and have not been apprehended, police said.
Witnesses gave varying descriptions of the cars, so police have not yet released an official description of the vehicles.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Colonial Pipeline site assessment reveals an estimated 1.2M gallons of gasoline leaked in NC town
- Japan stands firm on Tokyo Olympics schedule, denies report of cancellation
- PHOTOS/VIDEO: Miller Lite semi-truck crashes into NC home
- Now you can put Bernie Sanders anywhere, thanks to NYU student’s website
- Senate Republicans can shut door on immigration reform with filibuster