RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Raleigh police are investigating a shootout during a robbery Tuesday afternoon at a business along Peace Street just east of Capital Boulevard.
The call came in from 200 West Peace Street around 4:45 p.m.
The incident involved two suspects who committed a robbery of a business, which is Golden Isles pawn shop, police said.
After the shooting, multiple Raleigh police vehicles were at the small strip of businesses with Golden Isles being taped off.
An employee was shot during the incident and transported to WakeMed for treatment of his injuries.
The victim, later identified as the owner of the shop, exchanged gunfire with the suspect, according to police. It’s unclear if either robbery suspect was hit by gunfire.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Clayton firefighter passes away due to COVID-19 complications, officials say
- NC Highway Patrol search for dog whose owner died in wreck on I-40
- Thousands expected to honor Ginsburg at Supreme Court
- Class-action suit filed over ‘disgusting and unacceptable’ housing conditions at Camp Lejeune
- North Carolina elections board agrees to more absentee ballot changes