RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – A woman was killed in a shooting Monday afternoon in Raleigh, police said.
The shooting happened around 2:10 p.m. along the 100 block of Pettigrew Street, which is located just south of the intersection of New Bern Avenue and Poole Road. Police said the victim, later identified as 33-year-old Monica Renee Williams, was taken to WakeMed.
Williams later died due to her injuries, Raleigh police said.
There was no information on suspects. Raleigh police said the shooting remains under investigation.
The intersection of Hargett and Pettigrew streets was blocked as police investigated.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 31 people tested in COVID-19 outbreak at Clayton nursing home; some workers walked out last week
- ‘I’ve got to be there for them,’ says Raleigh hospice certified nursing assistant
- ‘Memories are everything’: Cleveland product Caiden Norman treasures role with ECU despite limited playing chances
- 1-year-old shot in head in NC town, police say
- Duke law student recovers from coronavirus, wants others to learn from his experience