RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Raleigh police are investigating a fatal shooting that took place Friday morning just off Wake Forest Road.
Police have identified Bobby Earl Lucas, 56, as the victim in the homicide.
Officers responded to a shooting call in the 4100-block of Bland Road around 3:15 a.m. Once at the scene, police found Lucas dead with multiple gunshot wounds, authorities said.
The scene of the shooting is just off Hardimont and Wake Forest roads close to an apartment complex near multiple restaurants and a grocery store.
Police have not provided any other details about what may have happened or if they are looking for a suspect.
Anyone with information that might assist detectives is asked to call Raleigh CrimeStoppers at (919) 834-HELP or visit raleighcrimestoppers.org for text and email reporting options. CrimeStoppers pays cash rewards for anonymous tips that help solve cases.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Trump’s tax revelation could tarnish image that fueled rise
- Raleigh police chief says ‘more arrests coming’ after downtown protests lead to damage, vandalism
- Kamala Harris to talk about Supreme Court vacancy in Raleigh visit, hold roundtable event Monday
- Large procession, funeral planned for Clayton firefighter who died from COVID-19
- NC police crack down on speeders after new stretch of I-840 loop opens
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now