RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Raleigh police are investigating a fatal shooting that took place Friday morning just off Wake Forest Road.
Police have identified Bobby Earl Lucas, 56, as the victim in the homicide.
Officers responded to a shooting call in the 4100-block of Bland Road around 3:15 a.m. Once at the scene, police found Lucas dead with multiple gunshot wounds, authorities said.
The scene of the shooting is just off Hardimont and Wake Forest roads close to an apartment complex near multiple restaurants and a grocery store.
Police have not provided any other details about what may have happened or if they are looking for a suspect.
Anyone with information that might assist detectives is asked to call Raleigh CrimeStoppers at (919) 834-HELP or visit raleighcrimestoppers.org for text and email reporting options. CrimeStoppers pays cash rewards for anonymous tips that help solve cases.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Your pictures from central NC’s biggest snow of the season
- Should fewer Americans get a $1,400 stimulus check?
- Durham County sheriff requiring employees to get COVID-19 vaccine
- Former Wake County deputy arrested after hours-long standoff, sheriff’s office says
- No. 20 Hokies rebound from road loss to top Notre Dame 62-51