RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Several businesses were put on alert Friday as Raleigh police and fire officials investigate a hazmat situation.
Officials say that an argon tank used for welding began to leak at the facility located on East Whitaker Mill Road. The leak began in one of its workshops, officials say.
Fire officials say that residents at the senior living facility nearby sheltered-in-place due to weather and concerns surrounding COVID-19.
Nearby businesses in the Northside Shopping Center evacuated employees and customers as a precaution.
- Body found at Lake Piru, where officials believe actress Naya Rivera drowned
- 13-year-old shoots younger brother in head after game of ‘cops and robbers’
- Raleigh man killed in shooting at Burlington apartment complex
- 1-year-old in stroller shot dead during cookout outside playground
- 2 bodies removed from Youngsville apartment where neighbor reported screams, glass shattering
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now