RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Raleigh police are investigating a shooting after they say an individual walked into WakeMed with a gunshot wound.
Police say a report of shots being fired prompted the investigation into the incident which happened around 4 p.m. in the 300 block of Merrywood Drive.
Minutes later, officers responded to WakeMed in regards to a walk-in gunshot victim with non-life threatening injuries.
Anyone with information that might assist detectives is asked to call Raleigh CrimeStoppers at (919) 834-HELP or visit raleighcrimestoppers.org for text and email reporting options. CrimeStoppers pays cash rewards for anonymous tips that help solve cases.
- How Triangle big box stores are adapting for Black Friday during pandemic
- 3 teens arrested in string of violent robberies in Fayetteville, police say
- Years-long nurse shortage in NC exacerbated by pandemic, officials say
- 27 veterans die in COVID-19 outbreak at Illinois VA home
- Black and Blue Kickoff Live: Panthers RB Christian McCaffrey expected to miss game against Minnesota Vikings