RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Raleigh police say an officer is being treated for minor injuries sustained while trying to subdue a suspect during a trespassing call.
Police say around 8:44 p.m., officers were dispatched to the Budget Inn located at 3804 New Bern Ave.
As officers attempted to engage the suspect, Billy Lamont Graham, 32, a scuffle ensued. During the scuffle, one officer was bitten on the hand and injured his elbow, police say.
The officer then used his taser and pepper spray to get Graham off of him.
Both the officer and Graham were transported to WakeMed with non-life threatening injuries.
Graham has been arrested and charged with assault on a law enforcement officer.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Police: 9-year-old shot, killed in Durham; 8-year-old wounded
- Florida man who allegedly said he wants to set record and kill 100 people in mass shooting is arrested
- Four Loko teases new seltzer with nearly triple the alcohol content of its competitors
- Man finds 50-year-old message in a bottle from Russian Navy on Alaskan shore
- Expert: These car seats sold online are ‘not safe at all’
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now