RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Raleigh police say an officer is being treated for minor injuries sustained while trying to subdue a suspect during a trespassing call.
Police say around 8:44 p.m., officers were dispatched to the Budget Inn located at 3804 New Bern Ave.
As officers attempted to engage the suspect, Billy Lamont Graham, 32, a scuffle ensued. During the scuffle, one officer was bitten on the hand and injured his elbow, police say.
The officer then used his taser and pepper spray to get Graham off of him.
Both the officer and Graham were transported to WakeMed with non-life threatening injuries.
Graham has been arrested and charged with assault on a law enforcement officer.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NC investigators working to determine if arson was racially motivated
- About 100 protest and march in Knightdale Friday night
- Hundreds march during 7th night of protests in Raleigh Friday
- Grateful mom thanks NC police captain who saved choking baby at restaurant
- Fayetteville police announce arrests in break-ins, vandalism following protests
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now