RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Raleigh police said two men suffered “serious” injuries in a shooting at a motel off Wake Forest Road early Thursday afternoon.
Officers were called to the Extended Stay America on Wake Towne Drive near the intersection of Wake Forest Road and Interstate-440 around 12:45 p.m. in response to a shooting.
An man was found at the scene suffering from “serious gunshot wounds,” Raleigh police said.
A second man walked into Duke Health Raleigh for treatment of a gunshot wound, police said.
The second victim’s injuries were described by Raleigh police as “serious.”
Raleigh police there is no threat to the public.
The investigation of the incident remains ongoing.
Anyone with information that might assist detectives is asked to call Raleigh CrimeStoppers at (919) 834-HELP or visit raleighcrimestoppers.org for text and email reporting options. CrimeStoppers pays cash rewards for anonymous tips that help solve cases.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Man arrested for murder of 7-year-old boy shot inside his mother’s car in Hickory, police say
- ‘I’m glad I stopped you’: Florida deputy consoles upset motorcyclist he pulled over, gives him personal cell
- Raleigh police ask for help identifying suspect who robbed woman at ATM
- ‘I’m in’: Caitlyn Jenner announces run for governor of California
- NC striped bass harvest restrictions in place as population decreases in Roanoke River