RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — When it comes to the best state capitals to live in across the United States, the City of Oaks ranks high on the list!
According to a study by WalletHub, Raleigh ranks 2nd among all U.S. cities for best state capitals to live in.
“State capitals aren’t just for lawmaking. Often, they’re thriving cities with a lot of economic and cultural value. In fact, they can be some of the best places to live in America. But not all state capitals are created equal,” WalletHub said.
WalletHub compared all 50 state capitals across 49 key indicators of affordability, economic well-being, quality of education and health, and quality of life.
Raleigh received high marks in affordability (3rd), economic well-being (3rd), quality of education and health (5th) and quality of life (19th).
- Man arrested for not returning rental car hours after telling city council he planned to sue Raleigh police
- Shoplifter stabs, pepper-sprays Walmart workers, Louisiana police say
- Gov. Cooper orders lowering of flags to half-staff in honor of N.C. native George Floyd
- VIDEO: Man detained after waving chainsaw at Texas protesters
- Gov. Cooper orders lowering of flags to half-staff in honor of George Floyd
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now