RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — An employee at a Raleigh Sheetz location has tested positive for COVID-19.
Officials say the employee last worked at the store located on 4660 Millbrook Green Dr. on Thursday. The store was immediately closed and is being professionally cleaned before reopening.
All employees will be fully paid while the store remains closed.
Gas pumps at the location are also being cleaned and sanitized as standard procedure.
“We are taking an abundantly cautious approach, working with all employees who may have had close contact with this employee and exceeding all sanitization guidelines,” a release from the company said.
No further information about the employee was released. Officials did not say when the store would reopen.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Top Pence aide tests positive for coronavirus, vice president to go forward with Kinston trip
- NC officials shut down church as ‘imminent hazard’ citing link to 3 deaths among 121 COVID-19 cases
- Charlotte police dodge gunfire while trying to stop driver at break-in call
- Jurkovec, Boston College roll over Georgia Tech 48-27
- N.C. State run defense struggles in 48-21 loss to UNC
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now