RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — An employee at a Sheetz location in Raleigh has tested positive for COVID-19, a company spokesperson says.
The employee works at the Sheetz located on 9915 Fayetteville Rd.
“We are taking an abundantly cautious approach, working with all employees who may have had close contact with this employee and exceeding all sanitation guidelines. All employees will be fully paid while this store remains closed. We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this closure and will continue to prioritize the well-being of our customers and employees as we join the nation in navigating this unprecedented health crisis,” said Sheetz PR Manager Nick Ruffner.
Because of the positive test, officials say the store had to be closed and was professionally cleaned and sanitized. An employee who answered CBS 17’s call Monday morning said the store had reopened after being cleaned.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Hot Pockets recalled because they may contain pieces of plastic, glass
- Raleigh’s new black-owned Black Friday Market thriving downtown despite COVID-19 downturn
- Cowboys for Trump leader arrested over US Capitol riot
- CBS 17 Job Alert — Career Center of the Southeast hosting virtual job fair
- Virginia police investigating Nazi propaganda posted on storefronts