RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A Raleigh teen who beat cancer raised more than $4,000 for other children fighting the disease.
We first introduced you to Edward Thompson last month. He turned his home into a haunted house and collected donations for “Give Kids The World,” a resort for children who take part in the Make A Wish program.
He stayed there after completing treatment for Hodgkins lymphoma.
His mom says about 700 people visited the haunted house to raise the funds, making Edward one of the top fundraisers for the resort.
Thompson was recognized at a special event at the resort in Florida this weekend.
- NC begins statewide COVID-19 testing at nursing homes amid delays in getting test results
- Man arrested after 4-year-old Fayetteville child killed in SC shooting
- 4 NC family members die in crash while going to pick up custom wedding band
- What you need to know about bubonic plague, the disease behind ‘Black Death’
- Indiana man says he was threatened with noose, called racial slurs
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now