RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A Raleigh teen who beat cancer raised more than $4,000 for other children fighting the disease.
We first introduced you to Edward Thompson last month. He turned his home into a haunted house and collected donations for “Give Kids The World,” a resort for children who take part in the Make A Wish program.
He stayed there after completing treatment for Hodgkins lymphoma.
His mom says about 700 people visited the haunted house to raise the funds, making Edward one of the top fundraisers for the resort.
Thompson was recognized at a special event at the resort in Florida this weekend.
- US House passes historic bill that would decriminalize cannabis on the federal level
- 10-year-old NC boy looking for bone marrow donor
- Pfizer cuts 2020 COVID-19 vaccine distribution in half due to supply-chain issues, report says
- Comedian documenting fight against COVID-19 dies after 2nd Instagram video
- Franklin County health director slams Youngsville’s decision to hold Christmas parade Saturday