RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A Raleigh teen who beat cancer raised more than $4,000 for other children fighting the disease.
We first introduced you to Edward Thompson last month. He turned his home into a haunted house and collected donations for “Give Kids The World,” a resort for children who take part in the Make A Wish program.
He stayed there after completing treatment for Hodgkins lymphoma.
His mom says about 700 people visited the haunted house to raise the funds, making Edward one of the top fundraisers for the resort.
Thompson was recognized at a special event at the resort in Florida this weekend.
- 94-year-old man dead, 96-year-old woman flown to hospital after crashing into NC home
- Almost half of Republicans say they won’t get COVID vaccine in survey
- After lost dog found, owner says pet rescue won’t give it back
- Arkansas man pleads guilty in death of 1-year-old found in plastic container
- COVID-19 in NC: 2,400+ cases reported; 45% of NC adults have received at least 1 vaccine dose