RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A Raleigh teen is facing serious charges after police say he ran down a person in a parking lot and then left the scene on Tuesday night.
Colbe Cooke, 17, is charged with felony hit-and-run and assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill in connection with the incident.
Police say the call came in around 7:30 p.m. for a pedestrian hit by a vehicle in the parking lot of a K-Mart located at 4500 Western Blvd.
Cooke then left the scene of the crash, police said. The vehicle he was believed to be driving was later found by officers. He was taken into custody around 8 p.m., according to arrest records.
An arrest warrant shows that Cooke hit the victim with a Honda Ridgeline pickup truck.
Cooke is being held in the Wake County Detention Center under a $500,000 secured bond. His first court appearance is scheduled for Wednesday afternoon.
Police have not released the condition of the pedestrian or said what may have led up to the hit-and-run.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- US man drowns while proposing to girlfriend underwater in Africa
- Family of Whitey Bulger sues US government for $200M in wrongful death suit over fatal beating
- Monday Fur-cast | September 23
- Tracking the tropics: Jerry, Karen, Tropical Depression 13
- 6-year-old arrested, has mug shot taken following school tantrum
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now