RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A Raleigh teen is facing serious charges after police say he ran down a person in a parking lot and then left the scene on Tuesday night.
Colbe Cooke, 17, is charged with felony hit-and-run and assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill in connection with the incident.
Police say the call came in around 7:30 p.m. for a pedestrian hit by a vehicle in the parking lot of a K-Mart located at 4500 Western Blvd.
Cooke then left the scene of the crash, police said. The vehicle he was believed to be driving was later found by officers. He was taken into custody around 8 p.m., according to arrest records.
An arrest warrant shows that Cooke hit the victim with a Honda Ridgeline pickup truck.
Cooke is being held in the Wake County Detention Center under a $500,000 secured bond. His first court appearance is scheduled for Wednesday afternoon.
Police have not released the condition of the pedestrian or said what may have led up to the hit-and-run.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Tiny airborne particles may pose a big coronavirus problem
- Denver inmate attempts escape by clinging under bus, while handcuffed
- Mother charged with fatally stabbing 5-year-old girl in Chicago
- CBS 17 Job Alert – ARS Rescue Rooter, Tory Burch Outlet holding virtual hiring events
- Strangers crash NC church service on Zoom, post pornography, racial slurs
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now