RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — An Uber driver was shot in the head and injured while dropping off a passenger in Raleigh on Monday morning, police said.
According to Raleigh police, the female driver was dropping off a passenger on Hill Street at New Bern Avenue at 2 a.m. when bullets came flying into her vehicle. It’s not known yet if she was struck by bullets or fragments, police said.
After getting injured, the woman drove to New Bern Avenue at East Street and called police. She was transported to WakeMed with non-life threatening injuries, authorities said.
Police do not currently have any suspect information.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Raleigh teen launches ‘Flowers for Floyd’ to spread positivity
- NCGOP delegate says she’s disappointed by decision to move RNC out of Charlotte
- Group of NC bars sue Gov. Cooper in effort to reopen
- We’re getting out more during Phase 2, but where are we going? Cellphone data can tell us
- Gov. Cooper signs executive order to address disparities in communities of color impacted by COVID-19
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now