RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Raleigh police have identified a woman who died in a crash along Western Boulevard Saturday morning.
Officers were dispatched to the single-vehicle crash in along Western Boulevard near Boylan Avenue around 8:10 a.m.
Stephanie Yamel Kelly, whose age was not provided, of Raleigh, died in the wreck.
Police said Kelly was seen “driving erratically” at an estimated 60 mph in a 45 mph zone before the crash.
“Once she passed Boylan Avenue and entered into the curve east of the intersection, she ran off the road to the right,” a Raleigh police report said.
The car, a 2010 Kia, then hit a tree head-on “with no signs of braking,” the report said.
The car then went down an embankment, where it stopped.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Indiana man admits to pushing toddler down stairs after argument over food, court docs show
- 1 million air passengers reported in a day marks new flying milestone during pandemic
- Counties reaching out to about 10,000 NC voters who need to fix absentee ballot issues
- Wake County fire tanker truck crashes while responding to house fire
- 20-year-old ‘dead’ woman found alive at funeral home later dies at Detroit hospital, family says