RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Protesters who broke dozens of windows, threw items at police and damaged at least one police SUV also looted a pharmacy in downtown Raleigh Saturday night.
The incident started as looting after the front door windows were broken around 9:35 p.m. at the CVS Pharmacy at 200 Fayetteville St. near the intersection with West Hargett Street.
Many people were seen going inside and grabbing items before running out the front door.
The looting lasted for several minutes until someone set a fire just outside.
Flames were seen coming from an area just outside the store’s entrance. It’s unclear if anyone was injured.
It is also unknown if anyone was arrested. During the looting, no police could be seen nearby.
- Sponsored Content: Come to the 95th Wendell Harvest Festival This Weekend!
- Man charged with sexually assaulting 15-year-old girl, Goldsboro police say
- Bus carrying tourists in Italy crashes near Venice; at least 21 killed
- New York’s Eric Adams: White House is ‘wrong’ on migrant asylum issue
- Dribble for Victory Over Cancer at Duke University to Help End Pediatric Cancer