BARTONS, N.C. (WNCN) – An old tree fell and took out power lines, causing outages for more than 1,300 Wake County residents Wednesday night, fire officials said.
The downed tree and power lines caused a closure on Creedmoor Road between Norwood Road and Mattlyn Court, officials said.
Those in the area of Creedmoor and Old Warden roads were without power. It had been restored to all but about 160 customers by 10:40 p.m.
According to Duke Energy’s outage information, the incident was reported shortly before 8:15 p.m. Crews were on scene and expected power to be restored by 12:15 a.m. Thursday.
As of Thursday morning, one person was without power in the area.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- House votes to hold Barr and Ross in criminal contempt of Congress
- Rand Paul blocks vote on bill to aid 9/11 first responders
- Gubernatorial candidate won’t meet alone with a woman who is not his wife
- Federal agency: “Go back to where you came from” is discrimination
- VP Pence touts defense budget increases during Fort Bragg visit
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now