RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – A man died after being hit by a car while crossing the street Wednesday afternoon in Raleigh, police said.
The crash happened around 4:05 p.m. along the 200 block of S. Wilmington Street. The pedestrian, identified as Gary Presnell, was crossing in a marked mid-block sidewalk when he was hit by a car driven by Rosa McLean, according to the crash report.
McLean stayed at the scene. She was charged with misdemeanor death by vehicle, records show.
S. Wilmington Street was closed between Martin and Hargett streets as police investigated.
No further information was released by police.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- ‘Tiger King’ not among Trump pardons
- Teen ‘Jane Doe’ identified in 54-year-old Texas cold case
- Trump pardons ex-strategist Steve Bannon, Lil Wayne, dozens of others
- Full list: All the pardons and commutations issued by President Trump in 2021
- Raleigh buildings light up in amber to honor lives lost to COVID-19