RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – A Raleigh high school theater program is raising money to compete on the national level.
On Thursday, the Sanderson High Theatre Ensemble put on a performance of “Ernest and the Pale Moon.”
Ticket sales and proceeds from a silent auction go toward sending the program to a national competition in Kentucky.
So far, the group has competed at state and regional competitions.
“This is so, so important, and being here with these people is amazing,” Sanderson High senior Sarah Bedini said. “This performance is just kind of our big show.”
The group is hoping to raise $25,000 to go to nationals. They’ve also set up a GoFundMe to help with fundraising.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NC man charged with abusing 8-week-old baby, deputies say
- Texas family’s missing dog accidentally adopted out by shelter, not likely to be returned
- COVID-19 in NC: Hospitalizations reach near 4-month low
- Senate debates COVID-19 relief bill, minimum wage hike falls flat
- SC officer accused of harassing Black residents placed on leave