RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – A 47-year-old man was arrested at his Garner home Monday by SBI agents in connection with a child pornography investigation, court document show.
Timothy Lawrence Garver is charged with possessing numerous videos showing children engaging in graphic sexual acts, warrants say.
Some of the videos were up to 39 minutes in length, the court documents show.
He faces six felony counts of second-degree sexual exploitation of a minor.
Garver is scheduled to appear in court Tuesday afternoon.
The arresting SBI agent is part of the bureau’s Computer Crimes division which handles cases involving internet crimes against children.
The Computer Crimes division says it is “leading the fight against child predators.”
This story will be updated.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Vigil held in Durham for slain Texas soldier Vanessa Guillen
- Man charged in shooting that killed boy at Alabama mall
- Teen dirt-bike rider killed at NC interstate off-ramp
- 19 taken to hospitals after tree falls on garage during child’s birthday party
- NC group angered by removal of statues displays giant Confederate flag along I-40
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now