RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – A 47-year-old man was arrested at his Garner home Monday by SBI agents in connection with a child pornography investigation, court document show.
Timothy Lawrence Garver is charged with possessing numerous videos showing children engaging in graphic sexual acts, warrants say.
Some of the videos were up to 39 minutes in length, the court documents show.
He faces six felony counts of second-degree sexual exploitation of a minor.
Garver is scheduled to appear in court Tuesday afternoon.
The arresting SBI agent is part of the bureau’s Computer Crimes division which handles cases involving internet crimes against children.
The Computer Crimes division says it is “leading the fight against child predators.”
This story will be updated.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Virginia newlyweds on honeymoon burned in New Zealand volcanic eruption
- A 5-year-old boy was shot and killed when his family got into a fight, police say
- North Carolina man who invented UPC barcode dies at 94
- Bill Cosby loses appeal of sexual assault conviction
- Marie Fredriksson, singer of pop duo Roxette, has died at 61
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now