CARY, N.C. (WNCN) — Interstate 40 westbound was closed Tuesday morning due to a crash and police activity.
According to the North Carolina Department of Transportation, a crash occurred on I-40 west around 3:19 a.m. The road was then shut down.
CBS 17 crews on scene saw a heavily-damaged car that appeared to have rolled over and also reported that law enforcement officers were walking down I-40 west searching the area with flashlights.
According to the NCDOT, the road was expected to reopen by 5:20 a.m., but the investigation and cleanup went quicker than planned and the road reopened at 5:03 a.m.
CBS 17 has reached out to multiple law enforcement agencies for more information. This story will be updated as it develops.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Browns, Steelers brawl at end of Cleveland’s 21-7 win
- UNC falls short in overtime loss at Pitt
- No. 14 NC State women beat Lamar 81-40
- Charges dropped against Fayetteville soldier in 2-year-old girl’s 2015 murder case
- Hamilton scores in OT, ‘Canes hold off Sabres’ late rally
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now