RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – You can expect more road closures in downtown Raleigh as the city continues to grow.
A major section of Boylan Avenue — between Morgan and Hillsborough streets — will close starting Monday and won’t reopen until December 2020.
The closure is part of the ongoing Bloc development. Crews will be building Tower Two, an urban courtyard, and a parking garage.
Eastbound and pedestrian lanes will be impacted during the closure on Hillsborough Street between Glenwood Avenue and Saint Mary’s Street.
Drivers should expect delays and follow the detour in place.
The city of Raleigh said W. Morgan Street will remain open to two-way traffic during construction.
For more information on the closures, click here.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Boston College blows past NC State, 45-24
- VIDEO: Driver crashes head-on into van, witnesses keep him from leaving scene
- 600 turtles saved from poaching ring; 2 men arrested
- Tornadoes damage Florida homes as Nestor moves ashore
- ‘Great-Granddaddy’ of UNC Athletics dies at age 99
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now