RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – You can expect more road closures in downtown Raleigh as the city continues to grow.
A major section of Boylan Avenue — between Morgan and Hillsborough streets — will close starting Monday and won’t reopen until December 2020.
The closure is part of the ongoing Bloc development. Crews will be building Tower Two, an urban courtyard, and a parking garage.
Eastbound and pedestrian lanes will be impacted during the closure on Hillsborough Street between Glenwood Avenue and Saint Mary’s Street.
Drivers should expect delays and follow the detour in place.
The city of Raleigh said W. Morgan Street will remain open to two-way traffic during construction.
For more information on the closures, click here.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Wake Forest holds virtual July 4th fireworks show amid pandemic
- Eastbound lanes of US 64 closed in Wake County due to wreck, troopers say
- At Rushmore, Trump to say protesters seek to ‘defame’ heroes
- Violence mars Portland protests, frustrates Black community
- Boy killed, girl injured among 4 victims in Alabama mall shooting
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now