RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Police are investigating after several vehicles were shot at in a Walmart parking lot Friday afternoon in Raleigh, according to a news release.
Officers responded just before 2:45 p.m. at the Walmart located along the 6600 block of Glenwood Avenue.
Police said a family was using a crosswalk to go into the Walmart when a car approached them.
The car’s driver revved the engine.
A person using the crosswalk exchanged words with a driver as the family went inside the store.
The person who was in the crosswalk came back to the parking lot and found the car that approached them, fired shots and hit three vehicles.
He didn’t hit the vehicle he was aiming for, police said.
The man who fired the weapon left the scene with his family.
A white Mercedes was struck by multiple bullets and was left with its back window shattered.
Police are still on scene investigating. This story will be updated as more information is released.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Scotland becomes 1st country to make pads, tampons free
- ‘We’re being massacred’ – NC restaurants, already suffering, now face stricter mask rules
- With Thanksgiving approaching, Durham man reflects on losing his mother to COVID-19
- ‘Gut feeling’ of Wake County paramedics helps missing teen get home
- Watch: Florida man throws Thanksgiving turkey into swimming pool to defrost