CARY, N.C. (WNCN) — Get excited, burger lovers — Shake Shack is opening their first Triangle location Wednesday morning.
The new store is located at 310 Colonades Way in Cary’s Waverly Place and they will officially open at 11 a.m.
There’s a heated debate among burger restaurant enthusiasts as to whether BurgerFi, Five Guys or Shake Shack have the best burgers and fries. Until now, those in the Triangle would have had to travel to Charlotte in order to try out one of the Shack’s famous burgers in North Carolina.
The restaurant serves not just burgers and crinkle-cut fries, but chicken sandwiches, hot dogs, frozen custard, beer, and wine as well.
According to the company, the Cary location will feature “a selection of frozen custard concretes in collaboration with local food purveyors.”
The Shack will also feature an outdoor patio.
Some lucky folks were able to get a sneak peek on Tuesday when the store held a soft opening.
The first 100 in line Wednesday will get some custom Shake Shack swag.
For more information on Shake Shack, click here.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Dad used 11-month-old as ‘human shield’ in drug deal; baby shot multiple times
- Hillsborough teen charged with threatening to shoot up Orange County school
- Nike debuts sneakers designed for nurses and doctors
- North Carolina Museum of History debuts Supreme Court anniversary exhibit
- Raleigh police investigating armed robbery at Circle K, suspects on the run
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now