RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – A Wake County Sheriff’s Office K-9 helped find a man with “slight mental issues” who ran from his home and ended up down a ravine, according to a Monday press release.
Deputies responded to the welfare check call around 2:30 a.m. Monday. Upon arriving to the 1600 block of Briarwood Place in Raleigh, they decided to use the K-9, Rosie, to track the man because temperatures were reaching the freezing mark, the release said.
Rosie picked up on a track along several streets, which ended at a home on Raven Ridge Road. Deputies then began to search a lightly wooded area behind the home. Rosie then took them to a 6-foot ravine where deputies found the man.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Job Alert | Sheetz, Food Lion are hiring
- Father says Boris Johnson likely out of action for a while
- ‘Everybody is very scared’: The struggle to keep apart on subway
- In a test of faith, Christians mark Good Friday in isolation
- Senator sells stocks while ethics group calls for investigation
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now