RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – A Wake County Sheriff’s Office K-9 helped find a man with “slight mental issues” who ran from his home and ended up down a ravine, according to a Monday press release.
Deputies responded to the welfare check call around 2:30 a.m. Monday. Upon arriving to the 1600 block of Briarwood Place in Raleigh, they decided to use the K-9, Rosie, to track the man because temperatures were reaching the freezing mark, the release said.
Rosie picked up on a track along several streets, which ended at a home on Raven Ridge Road. Deputies then began to search a lightly wooded area behind the home. Rosie then took them to a 6-foot ravine where deputies found the man.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- CBS 17 Job Alert – Domino’s restaurants and Scenthound are hiring
- Former NFL star Marshawn Lynch hands out 200 Thanksgiving turkeys in Hawaii
- ‘A hero’: Charlotte man rescues little girl wandering alone in early morning
- 2-week shutdown possible in Virginia to stunt COVID-19 spread after Thanksgiving
- Looking for the new Xbox or PlayStation 5? These sites will alert you when they’re back in stock