RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Construction is underway on a road that has been driving one woman crazy in south Raleigh.
She reached out to CBS 17 about the Rock Quarry Road overpass at Interstate 40 where sidewalks end abruptly at the overpass. New crosswalks lead nowhere and she doesn’t feel safe crossing the interstate to get the new YMCA.
CBS 17’s Laura Smith met her at the overpass and found the sidewalk does drop off and isn’t safe. Councilman Corey Branch said that’s why the city put signs up until the road is complete. He said the city was waiting for the North Carolina Department of Transportation to complete bridge maintenance.
NCDOT said that bridge work is complete and there are plans to finish the sidewalks.
Construction began this week. Milling and paving operations are underway.
Do you have something that is driving you crazy on the roads? We want to hear about so we can get you some answers. Problems can range from potholes, traffic signal timing issues, to sidewalks that lead nowhere.
Email Laura Smith at Lsmith@cbs17.com.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- After 103 years, Rocky Mount’s Confederate monument will be removed
- Drew Brees says he will ‘never agree’ with players kneeling during national anthem
- Fayetteville’s police chief marches with protesters
- Obama to address Floyd protests for first time publicly in online town hall
- Homicide investigation underway after woman found dead in Clayton apartment
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now