RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – The North Carolina Department of Transportation and the City of Raleigh are warning drivers about a road closure that could impact traffic near downtown Raleigh for the rest of the month.
Wake Forest Road between Sycamore and Harding streets will be closed beginning 7 a.m. Wednesday.
The City of Raleigh said a 700-foot sinkhole was discovered during the Blount Street/Person Street Corridor Project and the wastewater line needs to be replaced.
The project is estimated to be completed by Oct. 30.
The detour around the closure is as follows:
Take a right on New Bern Avenue;
Take a left on Raleigh Boulevard;
Take a left on Crabtree Boulevard;
Take a left on Capital Boulevard;
Take the Old Louisburg Road exit; and,
To Atlantic Avenue or Wake Forest Road.
Take a right onto the Peace Street exit on to West Johnson Street;
Take a right on North Harrington Street to continue to Peace Street;
Take a right on Peace Street; and,
To Blount Street or Person Street.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Families, activists hold protest demanding Durham Housing Authority fix problems
- Train collides with car left on railroad tracks in Cary, police say
- Amid fears of ‘insider’ attack, FBI vetting National Guard troops in DC
- No. 20 Virginia Tech slips past Wake Forest 64-60
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day celebrations across the Triangle altered due to pandemic