RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – The North Carolina Department of Transportation and the City of Raleigh are warning drivers about a road closure that could impact traffic near downtown Raleigh for the rest of the month.
Wake Forest Road between Sycamore and Harding streets will be closed beginning 7 a.m. Wednesday.
The City of Raleigh said a 700-foot sinkhole was discovered during the Blount Street/Person Street Corridor Project and the wastewater line needs to be replaced.
The project is estimated to be completed by Oct. 30.
The detour around the closure is as follows:
Take a right on New Bern Avenue;
Take a left on Raleigh Boulevard;
Take a left on Crabtree Boulevard;
Take a left on Capital Boulevard;
Take the Old Louisburg Road exit; and,
To Atlantic Avenue or Wake Forest Road.
Take a right onto the Peace Street exit on to West Johnson Street;
Take a right on North Harrington Street to continue to Peace Street;
Take a right on Peace Street; and,
To Blount Street or Person Street.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Durham teens glue 100 copies of NYT front page to Duke wall to make statement about COVID-19 deaths
- Dentist offices face fiscal impact, readjust procedures to keep patients safe amid COVID-19
- NC sheriff expresses disgust over the actions that led to George Floyd’s death
- CNN crew released after on-air arrest while covering Minneapolis protests
- Trump tweets ‘when the looting starts, the shooting starts’. Twitter adds ‘glorifying violence’ warning
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now