WAKE COUNTY, N.C. (WNCN) – Monday afternoon, Marlon Xavier Cruz Gonzalez made his first court appearance in Wake County.
The Senior Airman from Seymour Johnson Air Force Base is charged with murder in the death of Jose Almando Blanco Colon, 21.
Last Saturday, officers were called to a shots fired call in the parking lot of the Mambo 69 night club off New Hope Church Road.
Officers said Colon showed up at Wake Med, where he died.
Neighbors told CBS 17 they heard gun shots across from the club, and are concerned with many children living in the area.
“I don’t understand why they’re pulling out guns in the first place,” Ashley Miller said.
Gonzalez is being held without a bond.
Seymour Johnson Air Force Base officials also told CBS 17 they’re assisting Raleigh Police with their investigation, and have no further comment.
Gonzalez is expected back in court in December.
- Triangle police issue tips for safe holiday shopping
- Diakite, defense lead No. 5 Virginia past No. 7 UNC 56-47
- Raleigh neighbors react after 2 killed, others wounded in weekend shootings, stabbings
- NC State football player cited after rifle accidentally fires in Raleigh apartment, police say
- Sheriff: Threat says Cumberland County school will have ‘active shooter’
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now