MORRISVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – The Town of Morrisville’s celebrations for National S’mores Day include changing the name of the town.
On Monday, “S’Morrisville” will celebrate with a drive-thru giveaway for the first 100 residents who show up to the Morrisville Community Park from 6 to 7 p.m., a news release said.
The first 100 residents who arrive at the park, located at 1520 Morrisville Pkwy., with a Morrisville Connection newsletter will receive giveaways like pre-packaged s’mores kits, S’Morrisville T-shirts, and other items, the release said.
The giveaways are done on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Residents are also asked to create a short video talking about their personal experience with s’mores, such as a fond childhood memory or who they shared their first s’mores with. They’re asked to share the video on social media with the hashtag #smorrisville.
The top-five videos will win S’Morrisville “swag bags.”
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 3+ years later, pastor to leave Durham sanctuary after Biden pauses most deportations
- Colonial Pipeline site assessment reveals an estimated 1.2M gallons of gasoline leaked in NC town
- Japan stands firm on Tokyo Olympics schedule, denies report of cancellation
- PHOTOS/VIDEO: Miller Lite semi-truck crashes into NC home
- Now you can put Bernie Sanders anywhere, thanks to NYU student’s website