KNIGHTDALE, N.C. (WNCN) — An eastern Wake County home was gutted by flames after a fire on the stove spread Sunday night, officials said.
The incident was reported around 6:45 p.m. at a home along Old Crews Road north of Knightdale, according to Lee Price, chief at Wake New Hope Fire Department.
The homeowner reported to 911 that flames were going through the roof. When fire crews arrived they found the fire was through the roof and spreading in the roof area.
Two people inside the mobile home managed to get out and were not hurt, Price said.
The incident started when there was a flare-up on the stove.
“They thought they had it out and that wasn’t the case,” Price said.
The fire reignited overnight and caused even more damage, officials said Monday morning.
The homeowner is staying with a friend. No firefighters were injured.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Florida students evacuated from school bus following body spray debacle
- Aho scored twice to lead Hurricanes past Edmonton, 6-3
- ‘We need some help’ – Raleigh firefighter urges NC lawmakers to pass cancer bill
- Johnston County school board member alleges ‘corruption and deception’ in $8.8M budget shortfall
- VIDEO: 3-year-old girl inside sedan carjacked at NC Walmart
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now