RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Traffic is blocked on Strickland Road north of Raleigh due to a gas leak on Monday afternoon.
The incident was reported around 2 p.m. along Strickland Road just west of Creedmoor Road/U.S. 50, according to Northern Wake Fire Department.
Strickland Road is closed in the area, which is just south of Interstate 540.
Wake County EMS was sent to the call around 3:30 p.m. because of “high temps and technical efforts,” according to Northern Wake Fire.
Efforts were still underway as of 3:40 p.m. to cap the gas leak.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Before-and-after photos show destruction on North Carolina coast caused by Hurricane Isaias
- S’Morrisville will celebrate National S’mores Day with giveaways, more
- Second grader tests positive for coronavirus after attending the first day of school in Georgia
- Biden no longer coming to Milwaukee to accept presidential nomination
- ‘Back the Blue’ mural in Tampa vandalized