RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Winds from strong storms Thursday damaged a large road sign over I-440 in Raleigh – sending panels into traffic.
Dash camera video captured by Christopher Buchanan around 2:30 p.m. shows traffic approaching Glenwood Avenue on Interstate-440 west.
As cars in the right two lanes slow to a near stop amid heavy rains – the road sign overhead blows apart.
Sheets of rain are falling when panels from that sign are blown into traffic with one striking a blue vehicle’s front end.
Raleigh was being hit with a strong line of storms when the sign was damaged.
Parts of the Triangle were hit with penny-sized hail as rains flooded creeks.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Man charged in 2008 deadly home invasion in Robeson County surrenders, deputies say
- Group, residents push for land to build affordable housing in historic Durham community
- Kentucky basketball player Terrence Clarke dies in LA car crash
- Police investigating after man shot to death at Fayetteville home
- Study: I-85 among top 30 ‘Deadliest Roads’ in the U.S.