RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Winds from strong storms Thursday damaged a large road sign over I-440 in Raleigh – sending panels into traffic.
Dash camera video captured by Christopher Buchanan around 2:30 p.m. shows traffic approaching Glenwood Avenue on Interstate-440 west.
As cars in the right two lanes slow to a near stop amid heavy rains – the road sign overhead blows apart.
Sheets of rain are falling when panels from that sign are blown into traffic with one striking a blue vehicle’s front end.
Raleigh was being hit with a strong line of storms when the sign was damaged.
Parts of the Triangle were hit with penny-sized hail as rains flooded creeks.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- South Carolina Board of Education disciplined more than 100 teachers in 2020
- Rocky Mount police officers facing federal charges after storming Capitol officially terminated
- Video calls create rise in cosmetic procedures, so called ‘Zoom dysmorphia’
- 16-year-old pilot delivers 5,000 pieces of PPE to West Virginia hospital
- Senators to be sworn in today as articles of impeachment are presented