RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Winds from strong storms Thursday damaged a large road sign over I-440 in Raleigh – sending panels into traffic.
Dash camera video captured by Christopher Buchanan around 2:30 p.m. shows traffic approaching Glenwood Avenue on Interstate-440 west.
As cars in the right two lanes slow to a near stop amid heavy rains – the road sign overhead blows apart.
Sheets of rain are falling when panels from that sign are blown into traffic with one striking a blue vehicle’s front end.
Raleigh was being hit with a strong line of storms when the sign was damaged.
Parts of the Triangle were hit with penny-sized hail as rains flooded creeks.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Initiative closes off some streets in Durham to give residents more space outdoors
- Phones, email still out after ‘cyber incident’ hits Chatham County government, officials say
- American Cancer Society still fighting cancer during pandemic
- Morehead Planetarium and Science Center set to reopen
- Against Virginia, UNC hopes run game continues with offensive line providing key help
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now