WAKE FOREST, N.C. (WNCN) – A new study found that Wake Forest residents may be in one of the safest areas in North Carolina.
According to a press release, the Town of Wake Forest was recently named the 15th-safest city in the state by BackgroundChecks.org.
In order to calculate the safety of a given city, the online background check portal gave each North Carolina city, with a population above 10,000, a score on its Safety Index.
The Safety Index combines FBI crime statistics and law enforcement employment numbers. With a population of nearly 45,000 people, Wake Forest earned a Safety Index score of 0.39, while Pinehurst ranked first with a score of 0.6.
Archdale, Holly Springs, Mount Airy, and Elon were among the other top-ranked North Carolina cities on the list.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Rocky Mount woman wins $342,754 from Carolina Cash 5 jackpot
- ‘Like he was in a car wreck’: Medical expert describes injuries of 4-year-old beaten to death
- NC man found unresponsive in vehicle with ‘white substance,’ 2 kids in car
- Closings, delays | February 21
- Pregnant Virginia woman shot in the face, killed; man charged with murder
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now