WAKE FOREST, N.C. (WNCN) – A new study found that Wake Forest residents may be in one of the safest areas in North Carolina.
According to a press release, the Town of Wake Forest was recently named the 15th-safest city in the state by BackgroundChecks.org.
In order to calculate the safety of a given city, the online background check portal gave each North Carolina city, with a population above 10,000, a score on its Safety Index.
The Safety Index combines FBI crime statistics and law enforcement employment numbers. With a population of nearly 45,000 people, Wake Forest earned a Safety Index score of 0.39, while Pinehurst ranked first with a score of 0.6.
Archdale, Holly Springs, Mount Airy, and Elon were among the other top-ranked North Carolina cities on the list.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Hackers steal nearly $60,000 from NC Boys and Girls Club
- At least 128 people sick after eating sushi from NC Harris Teeter stores
- Army vet tests positive for COVID, dies after taking multi-state trip with NC bus company
- CBS 17 Job Alert – NC Forest Service hiring, substance abuse counselor needed in Butner
- Murder suspect from 2015 Robeson County shooting now charged in another shooting