RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Authorities said Saturday morning they have arrested and charged 29-year-old Carlton Craig Harris with murder after the deadly shooting of 31-year-old Antonio O’Neal Early.
Saturday afternoon, police announced a second arrest in the case. Drew Dominique Smith, 29, was charged with accessory after the fact to murder, Raleigh police said in a news release.
The homicide took place Friday night in southeast Raleigh — the first of two deadly shootings within an hour, according to police.
Officers responded to a shooting call at Star Bar shortly after 8 p.m. Friday. They arrived at the scene along the 1700 block of Trawick Road to find Early deceased, the release said.
“Follow-up investigation is underway and additional information will be provided as the investigation progresses,” the release said.
About an hour later a woman was killed and two men were wounded in a shooting at 503 Bragg Street, which is just south of downtown Raleigh.
No further information was released.
The Star Bar was the site of a shooting incident in June when at least seven cars were hit by gunfire.
- SCDOT help keep streets clean with annual cleanup program
- Tepper says no decision yet on future of QB Cam Newton
- Franklin County animal advocates take concerns about shelter to commissioners
- Interim chancellor: Report detailing UNC’s crime response, reporting is ‘extremely concerning’
- NC receiving funds to elevate I-95 after repeated flooding
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now