RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Authorities said Saturday morning they have arrested and charged 29-year-old Carlton Craig Harris with murder after the deadly shooting of 31-year-old Antonio O’Neal Early.
Saturday afternoon, police announced a second arrest in the case. Drew Dominique Smith, 29, was charged with accessory after the fact to murder, Raleigh police said in a news release.
The homicide took place Friday night in southeast Raleigh — the first of two deadly shootings within an hour, according to police.
Officers responded to a shooting call at Star Bar shortly after 8 p.m. Friday. They arrived at the scene along the 1700 block of Trawick Road to find Early deceased, the release said.
“Follow-up investigation is underway and additional information will be provided as the investigation progresses,” the release said.
About an hour later a woman was killed and two men were wounded in a shooting at 503 Bragg Street, which is just south of downtown Raleigh.
No further information was released.
The Star Bar was the site of a shooting incident in June when at least seven cars were hit by gunfire.
- North Carolina State pulls away from Maryland-Eastern Shore 93-61 behind Taylor’s 21 points
- Durham man shot on Avon Lake Drive, police say
- Vivek Ramaswamy and Chris Christie clash over Ukraine
- Haley demands social media companies ‘show us their algorithms’
- City of Raleigh working on alternative responses to 911 calls, asking for your feedback