FUQUAY-VARINA, N.C. (WNCN) – Authorities say 32-year-old Joshua Akers damaged the fences of several homes while fleeing police during a chase Saturday morning.
According to the Wake County Sheriff’s Office, Fuquay-Varina Police attempted a traffic stop in the 9900 block of Fayetteville Road.
During the stop, the suspect jumped out of his vehicle and fled on foot.
Deputies in the area spotted Akers a short distance away on Shopping Circle around 10:20 a.m.
Akers then jumped into a truck with keys inside and drove off into a wooded area between Howson Road and Stone Pond Lane. Akers damaged the fences of several homes with the truck.
The pickup truck, which belonged to a landscaping company performing work nearby, became stuck in the wooded area and Akers then fled on foot again.
Authorities continue to search for Akers.
No deputies or officers were injured during the incident.
- Virginia church’s sign sparks controversy
- Costco plans to bring back free samples next month
- 7 shot at Kentucky protest over fatal police shooting
- Couple indicted for scamming NC Medicaid; used funds on private jet, expensive lifestyle
- Durham teens glue 100 copies of NYT front page to Duke wall to make statement about COVID-19 deaths
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now