RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – The suspect in an attempted robbery and shooting in a Crabtree Valley Mall parking lot is still at large, Raleigh police said.
Police responded to the shots fired call in the parking deck. The suspect fired shots into the victim’s car during a robbery, then fled on foot., according to authorities.
Raleigh police initially said that the suspect was apprehended. An officer saw a person fleeing the same parking deck at the mall. The officer pursued the suspect on foot, thinking it was the robbery suspect, and apprehended him, police said.
That person, who was turned over to Crabtree Valley Mall police, is a suspect in a larceny. Dexter Tyler Epps was arrested and charged with larceny among other charges, police said.
The attempted robbery and shooting happened shortly after 4 p.m. Anyone with information is asked to call Raleigh police or Crimestoppers.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- ReOpen NC group plans marches in Raleigh, other NC cities on Memorial Day
- Bacteria levels high along Neuse River as testing continues this year in Triangle
- Clinic offering free COVID-19 testing for uninsured Franklin County residents
- NC sheriff’s office mourning loss of deputy, wife
- NC student tests positive for COVID-19 after attending graduation event
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now