RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Raleigh police are crediting the media for helping generate tips that led to the arrest of a man wanted in connection with a rape that occurred earlier this month.
Donald Wayne Holder, 37, has been charged with second-degree forcible rape and second-degree forcible sex offense.
Police were looking for assistance identifying a man seen in pictures who they believed was connected to a Sept. 4 rape in the 3600-block of Marcom Street.
Holder is being held in the Wake County Detention Center under a $500,000 secured bond. His first court appearance is set for Friday.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Driver sentenced to 30 years in prison in deadly chase that killed NC woman
- ‘I almost lost my wife’ – Man recalls having truck carjacked from Raleigh mall, then flipped in crash
- No COVID-19 vaccine side effects, no problem, says UNC doctor
- Former Columbus County police chief arrested on 73 charges related to evidence tampering, drug trafficking
- Family, friends want answers after NC woman killed outside gas station