RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Raleigh police arrested a 17-year-old in connection with a string of robberies on Monday and Tuesday, according to a news release.
Charles Tyquan Thompson, of Ahoskie, is charged with three counts of common law robbery and attempted common law robbery. Raleigh police said he was involved in the following incidents:
- Aug. 5 robbery of the Dollar General at 7423 Six Forks Rd.
- Aug. 5 robbery of Threading and Spa by Christina located at 1811 New Hope Church Rd.
- Aug. 6 robbery of the BP located at 5101 Capital Blvd.
- Aug. 6 attempted robbery of the Sheetz located at 4660 Millbrook Green Dr.
Records show Thompson was arrested at the same address of the BP police said he robbed. He was taken into custody without incident and taken to the Wake County Detention Center.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Patrons under plastic: Restaurants get creative in virus era
- Elderly NC woman fights off 19-year-old during attempted rape, deputies say
- President Trump continues to claim broad powers he doesn’t have
- Heavily-traveled Wake County bridge reopens to traffic after being closed for a year
- Raleigh nonprofit wants to teach Spanish-speaking volunteers about COVID-19 contact tracing
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now