RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Raleigh police identified a suspect they arrested after an armed robbery and an attempted armed robbery at businesses along Lake Wheeler Road Saturday afternoon.
The incidents were reported just before 5:30 p.m. as an armed robbery of the Dollar Tree store in the 2700 block of Lake Wheeler Road, according to a Raleigh police news release.
The suspect also tried to rob the nearby Citgo Gas Station in the 2600 block of Lake Wheeler Road, the news release said.
The suspect used a knife during the robbery of the Dollar Tree, police said. The suspect fled with “an undisclosed amount” of cash, according to the news release.
On Sunday, police identified the suspect involved.
Johnathon Cicero McGraw, 19, was charged with attempted robbery with a dangerous weapon, robbery with a dangerous weapon, and masked public appearance.
No one was injured.
- Military veterans say racism in the ranks often isn’t camouflaged: ‘It hurt me dearly’
- President Trump tweets support for college football season amid pandemic
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand as a new week begins
- President Trump announces he will not be coming to NC for nomination acceptance speech
- Delta Dental of NC supports communities, families across the state
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now