RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A teenager shot Wednesday night in Raleigh died at WakeMed, according to Raleigh police.
Police responded to the 5400-block of Duckling Way at approximately 10:50 p.m. Wednesday in reference to a report of a shooting.
Once at the scene, police found 17-year-old Zaequan Deloatch suffering from a gunshot wound, officials said.
Deloatch was taken to WakeMed where he was pronounced dead, according to police.
An investigation is underway. Police have not released any suspect information.
Anyone with information that might assist the investigation of the incident is asked to call Raleigh CrimeStoppers at (919) 834-HELP or visit raleighcrimestoppers.org for text and email reporting options. CrimeStoppers pays cash rewards for anonymous tips that help solve cases.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Warrants: Myrtle Beach gentlemen’s club was operated as ‘brothel,’ owners among 7 charged
- Ayres enjoys new fame after win as emergency goalie for Hurricanes
- Woman accused of being topless with stepkids takes plea deal
- Family still searching for man who brutally killed Fayetteville mom 41 years ago
- San Francisco declares local emergency amid coronavirus outbreak
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now