MORRISVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – RDU International Airport had the most travelers over Thanksgiving week since the start of the pandemic, but that number was still down considerably from last year.
RDU released traffic data for the week on Tuesday, saying TSA screened 51,333 departing passengers for the week ending Nov. 29.
The combined departing and arriving passengers for the week totaled approximately 103,000.
That is a drop of 64 percent from the 2019 Thanksgiving holiday week. On the Sunday after Thanksgiving in 2019, RDU set a single-day record with 54,800 passengers.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Greenville-area businesses excited to have ECU students back as classes start Tuesday
- 2 adults, 3 kids displaced after Fayetteville house fire, officials say
- Country music icon Dolly Parton turns 75
- Goldsboro man killed after car plunges off of Wilmington roadway near bridge
- Backup QBs have seen plenty of action in NFL playoffs