RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Thieves smashed several cases to steal merchandise at a Raleigh jewelry store on Monday before making their getaway, police said.
The suspects entered Regents Jewelers inside Triangle Town Center as the store opened at 10 a.m., according to police.
Store surveillance video shows a suspect wearing a green hoodie pull out a hammer and repeatedly beats on a glass case until it breaks.
A second suspect, who was wearing a dark-blue hoodie, pulls out merchandise from the broken cases.
A store employee walks out of the store as soon as the suspect pulls out the hammer. No injuries were reported.
The owner of the store told CBS 17 he thinks the thieves knew what to look for during the robbery.
“They don’t touch any other showcases, which is lower-value items,” said Khaleel Mohammed. He added that the value of the stolen merchandise is about $200,000.
No shots were fired during the robbery.
The suspects are still on the run.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 16-year-old football standout killed in shooting outside Dunn Cook Out
- Daytona 500: Denny Hamlin wins 2 in a row, Ryan Newman in serious condition following horrific wreck
- Racing world takes to social media reacting to Ryan Newman crash at Daytona 500
- Many tires damaged in NC police parking lot; officers trying to find who put tacks there
- PHOTOS: Driver Ryan Newman in serious condition after horrific wreck at Daytona