RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Thieves smashed several cases to steal merchandise at a Raleigh jewelry store on Monday before making their getaway, police said.
The suspects entered Regents Jewelers inside Triangle Town Center as the store opened at 10 a.m., according to police.
Store surveillance video shows a suspect wearing a green hoodie pull out a hammer and repeatedly beats on a glass case until it breaks.
A second suspect, who was wearing a dark-blue hoodie, pulls out merchandise from the broken cases.
A store employee walks out of the store as soon as the suspect pulls out the hammer. No injuries were reported.
The owner of the store told CBS 17 he thinks the thieves knew what to look for during the robbery.
“They don’t touch any other showcases, which is lower-value items,” said Khaleel Mohammed. He added that the value of the stolen merchandise is about $200,000.
No shots were fired during the robbery.
The suspects are still on the run.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Bus drivers quitting after school district returns to virtual learning: ‘It’s out of my control’
- Group gathers to support Wendell store owner cited over COVID-19 face mask rules
- Woman crashes car into ex-boyfriend’s home, tries to run over his new girlfriend, police say
- NC police investigating after person found dead near Walmart
- Tractor-trailer hauling 200 pigs crashes, catches fire on I-95 in Virginia