RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Raleigh Police have arrested a third suspect in connection with a fatal shooting that happened along Interstate 440 last Sunday.
Authorities say Demonte Tyquan Duncan was arrested and charged with murder, three counts of attempted murder, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, and discharging a weapon into an occupied vehicle.
Police arrested Raekwon Quazai Williams and Xavier Cortez Alston, both 23, on Friday. Williams was charged with accessory after the fact to murder and Alston was charged with murder.
The victim was identified as 44-year-old Arlo Dontel Ramsey of Durham. Ramsey was located in the area of Hillsborough Street and Glenwood Avenue with gunshot wounds. He was transported to the hospital where he was pronounced deceased.
The investigation into the homicide caused police to shut down the beltline for a short time.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Granville County sheriff suspended following felony obstruction indictment
- Spam introduces limited-edition pumpkin spice flavor
- North Carolina airports to receive $17 million in infrastructure funding
- NC deputies investigating fatal crossbow shooting
- 2019 Starry Night Walk at Dorothea Dix will raise money to cure childhood brain tumors
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now