RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Raleigh Police have arrested a third suspect in connection with a fatal shooting that happened along Interstate 440 last Sunday.
Authorities say Demonte Tyquan Duncan was arrested and charged with murder, three counts of attempted murder, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, and discharging a weapon into an occupied vehicle.
Police arrested Raekwon Quazai Williams and Xavier Cortez Alston, both 23, on Friday. Williams was charged with accessory after the fact to murder and Alston was charged with murder.
The victim was identified as 44-year-old Arlo Dontel Ramsey of Durham. Ramsey was located in the area of Hillsborough Street and Glenwood Avenue with gunshot wounds. He was transported to the hospital where he was pronounced deceased.
The investigation into the homicide caused police to shut down the beltline for a short time.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Hospital lets parents watch their NICU baby 24/7 through cameras
- Family’s dog stabbed 6 times by police officer
- Petition calls on NBA to change logo in honor of Kobe Bryant
- Woman claims man watched her use restroom at PNC Arena during UFC event
- China counts 106 virus deaths as US, others move to evacuate