RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Raleigh Police have arrested a third suspect in connection with a fatal shooting that happened along Interstate 440 last Sunday.
Authorities say Demonte Tyquan Duncan was arrested and charged with murder, three counts of attempted murder, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, and discharging a weapon into an occupied vehicle.
Police arrested Raekwon Quazai Williams and Xavier Cortez Alston, both 23, on Friday. Williams was charged with accessory after the fact to murder and Alston was charged with murder.
The victim was identified as 44-year-old Arlo Dontel Ramsey of Durham. Ramsey was located in the area of Hillsborough Street and Glenwood Avenue with gunshot wounds. He was transported to the hospital where he was pronounced deceased.
The investigation into the homicide caused police to shut down the beltline for a short time.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Chemical that triggered evacuation in Clayton meant to be used in ventilated area
- Student charged after using stapler as a weapon, school put on lockdown
- Go live from the red carpet before the 53rd Annual CMA Awards
- Frankie Ballard ‘excited, nervous’ to co-host CMA Awards red carpet special
- 9-car crash closes US 70 for 90 minutes in Selma
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now