WAKE FOREST, N.C. (WNCN) – The Town of Wake Forest wants to help its downtown businesses and plan to do so with the “Red, White & Blue – Downtown Wake Forest Needs You” campaign.
Here’s how it works: For every $25 you spend at one of the participating downtown businesses, you get a raffle ticket for a weekly drawing.
The grand prize every week will come in the form of Downtown Dollars – $1,500 will be handed out between June 13 and July 5. The grand prize winner will receive $500 in Downtown Dollars. The downtown dollars can be used the same as cash.
The drawings will be held on the following Wednesdays: June 17, June 24, July 1, and July 8. Winners will be announced on the Wake Forest Downtown Facebook and Instagram pages.
The following businesses are participating in the campaign:
• B & W Hardware, Co.
• Bella Music
• Nancy Jo Photography
• Next Consignment
• North Carolina General Stores
• Page 158 Books
• Record Krate
• Renegade Motorcycle
• Southern Suds & Gifts
• Sweeties Candy Shop
• Sugar Magnolia Café (purchases of alcohol are not eligible)
• The Cotton Company
• The Lemon Tree
• Unwined on White (purchases of alcohol are not eligible)
• Wake Forest Art & Frame
• Wake Forest Coffee Company
Click here to learn more about Downtown Dollars and all of the downtown merchants.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Nash County road to close for the week in order to replace drainage pipe
- One dead, four others hurt in Ohio shooting
- 1 shot, 1 grazed by bullet outside Durham shop where Cary teen was killed in June
- Boy shot in Durham Monday morning is 2nd juvenile shot in 4 days
- ‘We want justice!’ Dozens honor life of 15-year-old killed in Durham shooting
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now