RALEIGH, NC (WNCN) – We have a traffic alert for drivers traveling in downtown Raleigh over the weekend.
The 500-block of S. Wilmington Street will be closed to traffic until Monday, Sept. 16.
Construction crews will be breaking down a crane. The temporary road closure is along S. Wilmington Street between E. Lenoir Street and E. Cabarrus Street.
After the crane is removed, road access to Wilmington Street will continue to be limited between Lenoir and Cabarrus streets during the construction of the First National Bank.
During the week from 6 a.m. to 9:30 a.m., there will be two lanes open. One lane will be open to traffic after peak morning traffic.
Construction should wrap up in early 2020. Lane closures will be in place until that happens.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- South Johnston High School football player, two others injured in Benson shooting
- I-95 in Robeson County reopens after wreck involving 20 vehicles
- 2 killed, 8 others shot, in ‘violent incident of huge magnitude’ at SC night club
- Jerry Weakens Slightly, With Our Eyes on a Couple Other Waves
- Wake Correctional Center inmate missing from work assignment in Garner
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now