RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – A tree fell in a Raleigh neighborhood Friday night, taking out power lines and blocking a road.
A CBS 17 crew observed a fallen tree blocking Dixie Trail, which is a road near North Carolina State University that connects Wade Avenue and Hillsborough Street.
The tree fell some time after 8 p.m. Raleigh police said a car was damaged. The road will be blocked until the tree is removed.
According to Duke Energy, about 15 customers are without power in the area.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Andrew Brown Jr., man killed by deputy in Elizabeth City, recalled as storyteller, jokester
- 21-year-old now facing charges in Durham crash that ejected, killed 73-year-old woman
- Study finds no link between epidural use at birth and autism
- Drop in vaccine demand has some places turning down doses
- South Dakota high school club’s ‘Slave Auction’ canceled due to social media backlash