RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – A tree fell in a Raleigh neighborhood Friday night, taking out power lines and blocking a road.
A CBS 17 crew observed a fallen tree blocking Dixie Trail, which is a road near North Carolina State University that connects Wade Avenue and Hillsborough Street.
The tree fell some time after 8 p.m. Raleigh police said a car was damaged. The road will be blocked until the tree is removed.
According to Duke Energy, about 15 customers are without power in the area.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- ‘It would create a constitutional crisis’: Democrats, Republicans clash on when to fill Supreme Court vacancy
- Man sentenced in brutal murder, rape, burning of NC mom
- Mark Wahlberg donates 1.3M face masks to schools across the country
- Cumberland County aiming to turn libraries into virtual learning centers for children of county employees
- Amazon takes down ‘stand back and stand by’ merchandise
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now